Articles with tag: «pooling»
2022 № 7 Features of national account of donor platelets collection
Based on the analysis of the practice of donor platelet concentrates collection in 16 Russian blood service organizations, it was
- the term “unit” is used in relation to 4 concepts, which leads to a misreporting of the blood component “Platelet concentrate
from a blood unit”,
- the blood component “Leuco-reduced platelet concentrate from a blood unit” is not produced at all due to the lack of clinical need and excessively high cost,
- ANOVA analysis of variance revealed significant differences in the volumes of both therapeutic doses (p=0,038) and units of platelet concentrates (p<0,001) prepared by eight studied methods,
- indicators of the volume of pooled platelet concentrates are higher than similar indicators of apheresis products: a) treatment dose – by 36,1% (p=0,001), b) unit – by 35,5% (t-test – 4,771, p<0,001),
- the current system for accounting for the volume of collection of 11 types of donor platelet concentrates does not allow assessing either the number of prepared therapeutic doses or the degree of implementation of technologies for their additional processing,
- a form of the blood establishment report on the collection of platelets was proposed, which characterizes: a) the number of received therapeutic doses, b) the use of the processes for preparing these doses.
2017 № 4 The load on the blood service of medical establishments depending on the volume of platelet transfusions per days of week
Rate of the frequency of transfusions, goal-setting, and the stratification of 1519 doses of donor platelets on different days of the week have been evaluated in 16 clinics in the Republic of Bashkortostan. The proportion of transfused platelets in the different days of the week has been different at 5.1 times. The needs of clinics, from Sunday to Tuesday inclusive in platelets make up 17.2% of the total consumption and at 61,3% (p < 0,01) more often than on other days of the week are met by apheresis platelets. Maximum uniformity of platelet transfusion dates identified in Children Republic Clinical Hospital, which from Wednesday to Friday inclusive, transfuses 51.2% of platelets, whereas in other hospitals – 76,8% (p < 0,01). Increased frequency of platelet therapy beginning on Friday in small clinics can cause compliance audit for transfusion rules. The results may be useful for evaluating workflow of blood service clinics, improve the efficiency of clinical work.
2020 № 9 Donor platelets collection in a pandemic of COVID‑19 infection
The work of the Samara Regional Clinical Blood Transfusion Station, the collection and delivery of platelet concentrates in
2018, 2019 and in the first 6 months of 2020 was assessed. The annual demand for platelet concentrates in 2019 increased by 22.9%, and in the first half of 2020 the issue of platelet concentrate decreased by 12.1%, which is associated with a change in treatment work during the period of infection COVID‑19. The proportion of platelets isolated from whole blood in the first half of 2020 decreased from 24.7% (the end of 2019) to 17.4%, (p <0.001). This maneuver made it possible to accept all donors wishing to donate apheresis platelets.
2016 № 2 Management of blood donor: platelet pooling
Based on the cost analysis of different types of platelet concentrates (PC) assessed the effectiveness of the introduction of technology pooling of platelets in the Irkutsk Regional Blood Transfusion. Comparative cost analysis of different types of PC, the cost of consumables for the same therapeutic dose PC was performed. It was found that the content of pooled PC cells does not give in to apheresis. The introduction of technology pooling of platelets allows significantly (by 54,4% or more) to reduce the cost of issuing PC. To evaluate provision of PC in the regions it is advisable to consider the number of harvested PC through methods for preform at therapeutic doses.